Sunday, July 11, 2010

About Me

"No matter how high the gates or charged with punishment the scroll. I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul." --William Ernest Henley

I am 21 years old and living in a State Penitentiary. Despite my present circumstances, I have many passions and dreams that don't have anything to do with the criminal life. We've all made mistakes on our journey, some mistakes carry greater consequences than others. Some mistakes get people thrown in jail - some times for a few hours or days, some times for a lifetime. I'm blessed to have landed somewhere in between. I have plenty of time to further educate myself, build a stronger relationship with my family, and work hard on my character so I can be successful in whatever I decide to pursue upon my return to society.

I am starting this blog to share with you, whoever you may be, some things about life inside this place. To share with you some things that cross my mind from day to day; and to share with you some of my ideas and reflections. And I hope, at some point, we can relate to each other, you and I, and hopefully learn something from each other as well.

If you decide to email me or leave a message on my blog page, I will respond as soon as I can. I do not have computer access in prison. Everything I blog is written on paper and sent to a good friend of mine who then enters it onto this site.

I hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment